Last week in the world of security, we had rogue chrome extensions teaming up with tech support scams, tips on how to stay safe during tax season, advice on locking down your social media profiles, and what to do in the aftermath of a cyberattack. We also teamed up with Cybersecurity Factory, recapped our time at the recent RSA Conference, and took a look at a typo-laden fake FBI mail.
Elsewhere from last week:
- Don’t go trashing the network before quitting your day job.
- Signed out of your Google account? Don’t worry, you weren’t hacked.
- Passwords, please.
- Chrome users under fire from a “missing font” Malware scam.
- Keep malicious weather apps away from your Android.
- Real life challenges facing women working in Infosec.
- TeamSpy Malware: it’s back.
- Drones and blinking LEDs, oh my.
- Steer clear of fake PornHub mobile apps.
The post A week in security (Feb 20th – Feb 27th) appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
Powered by WPeMatico